The beauty of Poros island has been praised by popular poets and prose writers. Poros is the ideal destination for watersports and activities such as swimming; Pinewoods cover the island’s hills, and go all the way to the sandy beaches.
Join our full-day tour to Poros island and feel the atmosphere of the “Saronic” gulf islands in such a close distance from Athens. Begin your day trip early in the morning by picking you up from your Athens hotel or apartment. Traveling for about an hour from the city of Athens, we will pass through the famous Corinth Canal (short stop) which connects the Saronic to the Corinthian Gulf and literally divides mainland Greece from the Peloponnese.
Leaving behind the Corinth Canal and after 1 hour of driving, we will enter the region of Argolis to visit the famous Ancient theater of Epidaurus. Have a unique opportunity to hear all about the history of the 4th century BCE, unique UNESCO’S World Heritage Highlight and one of the best preserved classical Greek theaters, still in use till today due to its amazing acoustics.
After finishing the guided tour in Epidaurus we will drive through the magnificent route across Argolis region, following the coastal road, which will end at the picturesque village of “Galatas” for embarkation to the ferry which will transfer us to the island of Poros.
The ferry to Poros takes only 5 minutes to cross from one side to the other and soon we will start the tour around the island. The large homes on the beach and port have a neoclassical style in contrast to the common duplex houses in Brinia, Milo, Pounta and Kasteli.
The first residences were built in 1463 and located around the famous Clock.
The clock tower of Poros is the island’s landmark. This spot offers an amazing view of the harbor, the opposite shores of the Peloponnese, and the Lemon tree forest. The clock stands out, from whichever location you look at it; it is truly the town gem!
There will be free time to walk around the town where you can find the Town Hall, the archaeological museum, a public library along with a reception hall for exhibitions and other cultural events. As soon as you finish, hop on the minivan for a tour around the island and visit some of Poros famous beaches. We will pass by the “Russian Bay” “Perla beach”, “kanali” and “Plaka beach”.
There will be enough free time for leisure at a beach of your choice for swimming and /or lunch (your own expenses). Since this is a private tour, our driver will be at your disposal to discuss any tailor-made needs of yours. Right after you finish lunch and swimming we will start the return to Athens following the same route.
Highlights of our Full-Day Private Tour to Poros and Epidaurus
- Photo stop at the Corinth Canal
- Guided tour at the Archeological site of Epidaurus and Theater
- Drive through one of Greece’s best routes along the coast line
- Visit an island in such a close distance from Athens
- Enjoy leisure time at the famous Poros beaches
- Journey back in time throughout Greek history
- Personal service
- Guided tour of the Archaeological site of Epidaurus and the Theater
- Services of a Professional – licensed local guide
- Professional English-speaking driver
- Transport by a luxury A/C mini van
- Pick-up and drop-off service from/to all Athens hotels, Athens International Airport and cruise terminal
- Entrance fees at the archeological site of ancient Epidaurus
- Ferry tickets for the island of Poros
- Free Wi-Fi on the mini van
- All taxes and tolls
- Bottled water throughout the tour.
For the confirmation of your reservation you can prepay an amount of the total value or you can pay the full amount.