Considered the cradle of Western civilization, Athens is one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world. Athens is the birthplace of democracy, theater and home to some of the most significant philosophers. It is an open-air museum and we invite you to an unforgettable VIP experience with us. Explore the top highlights of Athens in a private luxury vehicle in one day, starting from the heart of the city to the southernmost point of it.
The monuments, dating back to the 5th century, are testimonials of the glorious ancient Athens and the Golden Age of Pericles. We pick you up and make our way to the Acropolis. On the historical hill, you will have the opportunity to see the Odeon of Herodes Atticus, the Temple of the Athena Nike, the monumental gateway (Propylaea), the Erechtheum. Explore the iconic Acropolis with an archaeologist guide (upon request) and wander among the columns of the Parthenon, dedicated to the goddess Athena.
Then you will have the opportunity to visit the New Acropolis Museum.
In addition, we will explore the city center and the most important archaeological sites of Athens, amongst them, the Panathenaic Stadium, also known as Kallimarmaro Stadium, where the first modern Olympic Games took place, in 1896.
We’ll also see the Greek Parliament, the Monument of the Unknown Soldier and watch the Changing of the Guards, the Evzones. Learn about the symbolism of their costume, their history and their daily routine.
After the Greek Parliament, we will see the trilogy of Athens (the Academy – the University – the Library), three samples of the Neoclassical architecture style, the Zappeion (Conference and Exhibition Hall) and, then, we will proceed to the Roman Temple of Olympian Zeus. We continue passing by the Hadrian Arch and the National Garden.
To reach our next highlight, we will head south. We will pass through the so called, Athenian Riviera and its beautiful areas such as Glyfada, Voula, Vouliagmeni and Varkiza, while driving to the southernmost point of Athens and visit the temple dedicated to the God of the Sea, Poseidon.
A 70 km driving distance of the coastline will lead us there, but before that, we will make a short stop at the only natural spa in Athens. The healing properties of the lake water have been known since antiquity and the wanderers of those times refer to it in their scripts. What is the mystery around this lake? What does the myth say? Let’s find out, while we take pictures at the Vouliagmeni Lake.
After an hour’s drive, we will arrive at Cape Sounion, to the Temple of Poseidon. Enjoy the view to the Saronic Gulf at a local café or restaurant. Our proposal is to be there in the afternoon, so that you better enjoy the most beautiful sunset in Athens.
After your free time, we will return to Athens or the cruise port. We will drop you off at the pick-up meeting point.
Highlights of our Full Day Athens – Sounion Tour
- The Parthenon
- The New Acropolis Museum
- The Panathenaic Stadium
- The Trilogy of Athens
- Visit the tomb of the Unknown Soldier/ Watch the change of the Guards
- The Vouliagmeni Lake, the only natural spa in Athens
- Visit the Temple of Poseidon, the God of the sea
- Enjoy a scenic drive along the Athens coastline
- Enjoy the most beautiful sunset
- Visit for swimming or dinner at Cape Sounion beach
- Personal service
- Journey back in time throughout Greek history and mythology
- Guided tour of the Archaeological site of the Acropolis, the Acropolis Museum and the Temple of Poseidon, upon request
- Services of a Professional – licensed local guide
- Professional English-speaking driver
- Transport by a luxury A/C mini van
- Pick-up and drop-off service from/to all Athens hotels, Athens International Airport and Piraeus Port
- Free Wi-Fi on the mini van
- All taxes and tolls
- Bottled water throughout the tour.
- Gratuities (optional)
- Drinks, beverages, meals
- Entrance fees (Archaeological site of the Acropolis (20,00€ per person), Acropolis Museum (10,00€ per person) and Cape Sounion – Temple of Poseidon (8,00€ per person)
- For the confirmation of your reservation you can prepay an amount of the total value or you can pay the full amount.
COVID 19 CANCELATION POLICY.
- Due to Covid-19, cancel up to 24 hours prior to the date of the tour for a full refund.